A few weeks ago I received a call from my good buddy, Michelle McDonald, who is a Realtor with Harry Norman. Michelle was calling to “cash in” on a free home staging consultation I had promised her some months ago. Being an Atlanta home stager of my word, I scheduled an appointment with the homeowner. We met and walked through the house, room-to-room, to determine what needed to be done to get it market ready. I left her with a checklist of tasks to complete.
A few days later Michelle and I met at the house to complete the staging. We went from room to room and floor to floor moving furniture, rugs and accessories. Shown below are a few staging “before and after” photos:
After pulling together all the paperwork and going online with the listing, here is what transpired:
- Michelle went back to the home on Friday at 12:30 to put the sign in the yard.
- At 5:00PM she had her first showing.
- At 6:00PM the buyers’ agent called back for disclosure information.
- At 8:00PM the buyers made an offer!!!
- There were more showings over the weekend.
- The home is now under contract at FULL PRICE to the first buyers who viewed the home!!!!
If you are putting your house on the market, it is crucial that it be “market ready” from day one. Call Patsy Overton Interiors first for professional home staging services. There is simply too much “out there” to leave the sale of your home to chance.
If you want your home to glow, the colors to flow and the clutter to go, call Patsy Overton Interiors. 770-843-2307 Accredited, Licensed, Insured.