Redesign is the method of repurposing or transitioning key rooms in your home. There are various reasons for calling in a redesigner.
Consider the following situations:
- Setting up a household in a new home
- Transitioning a basement to a man cave
- Downsizing due to an empty nest
- Upsizing due to a growing family
- Melding two family units together
- Adding furniture or antiques which were recently inherited
- Removing childhood furniture to repurpose living space
- Downsizing for the elderly moving into assisted living quarters
- Maximizing floor space and establishing enhanced traffic patterns
Redesign is the method of repurposing
key rooms in your home.
Those needing the help of a redesign expert are typically people experiencing life’s transitions.
In addition, homeowners who have nice furniture and accessories but simply don’t know how to position or group them so that they work together to form a cohesive unit may need the services of a redesign professional.
Shown below is the upstairs hallway of a beautiful, spacious Atlanta home. The girls’ bedrooms (one pictured above), beautifully decorated in shades of green and pink, were on either side of the hallway. As it stood, the space had too much furniture, no focal point, and needed accessorizing. To create the “after” look we simply removed the chairs, brought in the furniture at the end of the hallway from another bedroom, and accessorized with items found in other rooms. This is the perfect example of a redesigned space using only items that were already in the home (with the exception of the small floor plant).
- Assess each room’s purpose, problems and desired presentation
- Declutter the room and remove accessories
- Repurpose those items that need a new identity
- Reposition furniture and rugs to direct traffic patterns and give proper balance to the room
- Accessorize piece by piece, being careful not to “over dress”
- If necessary, bring in additional furnishings to complete the desired look
Any change in lifestyle resulting in a change of household is a good time to call Patsy Overton Interiors for redesign services.
- Redesign Consultation (2 hours) – $225.00
- Half-Day Redesign (up to 4 hours) – $400.00
- Whole-Day Redesign (up to 8 hours) – $750.00
- Value Added Service – a FREE color consultation for rooms undergoing redesign
Additional fees may be incurred for hiring extra workers to repaint, move furniture from floor to floor, hang artwork, etc. If this is the case, these expenses will be disclosed up front. Patsy Overton Interiors has a “no surprises” policy.
Please note: prices are subject to change without notice.
If you are experiencing a lifestyle transition, call today for redesign services. 770-843-2307