Decorating your Atlanta home is not quite as easy as it looks. It all starts with a plan, but where do you begin? Do you determine the focal point of the room and go from there? Do you come up with a color palette and build around it? Do you buy upholstery fabric and use that as your jumping off point? What’s the first step? In order to answer that question, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Before beginning the project, determine your goals for the space. Are you transitioning the room from one use to another? Is the goal to go lighter and brighter or cooler and more serene? Are you ready for something new and exciting?
- Know your jumping off point. Is it the focal point of the room, such as a fireplace? Is it a beautiful fabric you want to build your room around? Is it a piece of artwork? You must have a starting point.
- Determine the right color scheme for your room. Color is still your best friend. Even the most eclectic spaces can be tied together with proper use of color.
- The room must maintain good balance. It can be symmetrical, assymetrical or radial, but proper balance is key in any space.
- Determine if you need ambient lighting, task lighting, accent lighting, decorative lighting, or a combination.
In addition to the above, there are also Room Elements to consider, knowing your Decorating Style, determining the proper Color Scheme to help you achieve your goals, and the list goes on and on.
There is such a thing as having an “eye” for decorating and design, but there is a science involved in the process. For that reason, you want to work with a trained professional who knows what works, what doesn’t, and how to arrive at a beautifully decorated space. Hiring an interior decorator doesn’t have to be expensive. Maybe all you need is an initial consultation to get you headed in the right direction. Perhaps you want Patsy Overton Interiors to come up with a plan which you will then implement. Or you may want to just step aside and let us see your project through from start to finish. Whatever your needs are, we are here to assist you meet your decorating goals.
Hourly Rate – $100.00
Please note: prices are subject to change without notice.
Call today for your initial consultation with Patsy. No job is too large or small and she will always work within your budget. 770-843-2307