It’s time to play a little memory game! Remember this sad little dresser?
I posted it a few weeks ago, saying hopefully it would soon have some paint on it and a solution for that broken drawer! Amazingly, that actually happened & here are the results!
I have to say, I am really pleased with the result, and it only took me an afternoon. I used a sample-sized (7.38 oz, to be precise) container of paint that I bought at Home Depot quite a while ago. The name of the color is “Duck Egg” by Martha Stewart, and it’s actually greener than it looks in the photo. I had no concrete plans for this little paint sample when I bought it (for four dollars and some change) I just LOVED the color and figured I’d use it eventually.
The process was very quick for two reasons: first of all, the dresser was unfinished to begin with, which meant no sanding required! Secondly, I wanted it to have a “distressed” look; I realize this isn’t everyone’s preference, but creating a more finished look would require perhaps just a bit more paint and a topcoat – still doable in an afternoon. (note: I still have some of the paint left! So it’s possible that it would have stretched to create a more finished-looking dresser.) I used a regular paint brush at first, but ended up switching to a cheap foam brush (pictured) and it worked the same, if not better. I kept both brushes fairly dry to stretch the paint, and to allow some of the wood to show in some places. I did sand a few places after the paint dried – the beauty of an unfinished look is you can feel it out as you go! Redesign success, folks. It’s a great feeling!
As always, if you need an expert’s opinion when choosing colors or doing a bit of redesign of your own, contact Atlanta’s number one color consultant, Patsy Overton. 770-843-2307 Accredited, Licensed, Insured.